Sunday, July 6, 2008

When Your Wife is on Bedrest

On Monday I will have been on bedrest for 11 full weeks. There have been a ton of people who have helped out during this time - family and friends have been amazing with meals, helping us move, helping us paint, visiting, driving me places, bringing gifts... I could go on for so long. It has been amazing and we could not have done these last 11 weeks (and the 3 more to come) without all of this help.

However, the one who takes the brunt of the bed rest impact is Adam. My dear husband has had to do everything without his partner for the past three months. Think of all the things that go on in your household every day - the cooking, the cleaning, the errands, the driving, the odd jobs and yard work. Adam has done all of that PLUS he has packed and unpacked our household, put together baby furniture, painted rooms, planned his own ordination service, test drove vehicles, installed carseats, assembled misc baby gear. PLUS he has gone to as many appointments as he could, attended to my many needs, helped me in and out cars, assured me that I'm not that biggest pregnant person ever, pushed me around Target in a wheelchair one day (yeah, that was a big outing for me!), read up on baby care and pregnancy, slept on the couch when my snoring suddenly took over our bedroom....

I seriously could sit here listing these things all morning.

Adam does not complain about these things. I mean, he is understandably eager to have his partner back in a few weeks. But what I am saying is, he is unbelievable. I don't think I'll ever be able to re-pay him or thank him enough for all he has done and especially not for how he has done it - unflinching, with a loving heart, a smile and a sense of humor. I have been blessed beyond words, and one little way I can say thank you to him is to post something for you all to read. This way, everyone knows how amazing I know Adam is, and you can all know he's amazing too.





No comments: