Monday, July 7, 2008

Heads Down and Growing

We had 3 doctors' appointments today: an ultrasound, an NST and an OB appointment. The ultrasound today is likely to be our last one, and it went well, except that they could not do any 3-D pictures. We were disappointed about that. But Baby Boy is weighing in at about 5 lbs 3 oz and Baby Girl at a whopping 5 lbs 11 oz! (Save for the 10% margin of error on either side.)

The other big news today was that Baby Girl has followed her brother's lead and now is in the head-down position, also. That means that if they stay in this position, we may have a choice between a c-section and vaginal delivery. We're taking a "wait and see" posture, but will likely be doing a lot of discussing between now and the 25th, which is our scheduled c-section date. I will be a full 35 weeks tomorrow, and that is such a blessing. 50% of all twins are born between 34 and 37 weeks, according to the twin book I'm reading, so we feel so thankful that we've made it this far!

I took another belly picture on Saturday, so I'll post that here. I don't have the ultrasound pictures scanned in yet, so I might end up adding those later. To be honest, they did not turn out as well this time. But still worth a look, so I will get on the ball and try to post those soon.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Yeah!!! You made it girl. I'm so proud of you. Home stretch and it must feel SO good to know that everything is going to be okay no matter when they decide to grace us with their presence. We leave on Friday, so it's not looking like I'll get to meet them in MI. Bummer!